Friday, May 4, 2012

I have GeForce 4 MX440 video card and want to know the difference between that and a GeForce 3. Do you know?

I recently purchased Desperate Housewives the Game and it says that I need a GeForce 3 card. I was thinking that the GeForce 4 MMx 440 would be more advanced. Am I wrong? If so, will I need to purchase a new card or is it possible to download updates for the GeForce 4 MX440? I can get the game to run, but it crashes and some of the color is off. Your help is appreciated!|||Yes unfortunately , you are a victim of marketing.



Even though the GeForce 4 MX440 sounds better because it's a 4 , instead of a 3 like in GeForce 3, it's actually not better.



The GeForce 4 MX440 is based on the NV17 gpu, which only supports Direct X 7.



Now the GeForce 3 is based on the NV20 gpu, and this chip supports Direct X 8.



Your game needs a Direct X 8 card in order to work ok, since it says it needs a GeForce 3 card.|||Games like SIMS2 will fallback to an earlier version of Direct X in order to allow the biggest market to buy the game.



Sims2 has min. requirement of GeForce2, so it falls back to Direct x 7, that is why you can play it.



I guess the Desperate Housewives game only runs on Direct x 8.

Report Abuse


|||Upgrade to a 7 series, there inexpensive and will get the job done.|||Their both rather outdated. Any new games will probably have drama's running.

No comments:

Post a Comment