Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Video cards and Physics cards?

I just bought Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 for the PC, and when it does the diagnostics screen (it will still run) the video card needs a update on drivers. I am going to look into this, but I have a question.



I have always wanted to get a Physics card. In case you dont know what that means, its a card that sits seperatly from your video card and adds graphics power to your video.

Example: on a normal video card if a mail box explodes, you see specks flying, representing mail. On a physics card, you see mail flying.



Now here's my question: My card is slightly old and i dont really want to spend the money to replace it if i dont have to.



But Id love to get a physics card.



Question: Can a physics card upgrade a regular card's standings, to qualify it for any problems with a game?



Or do i need to replace it and then get a physics?|||physisx cards are great if you need a little extra boost and already have a great vid card...but if you have an old card it's not really worth it...you would be much better off to spend the 200 bucks on a new video card verses the small improvements that you will see in the phyx' card...the fact is that it will only work with some games and the it ranges from slightly better colors to more detail...but replacing your existing old video card with say a low end 88xx for 250.00 would give you way more benefits in all games.|||what you computer hardware type?



test DX setup .|||the physics card should still make some difference, but they do costs a lot.



I think if I were you I would upgrade my graphics card before getting a physics card, the graphics card will improve the performance alot more then the physics card.



http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php…

No comments:

Post a Comment