Sunday, May 6, 2012

My video card won't let me watch DVD's from region 2.?

Okay, so I bought a DVD that is from Japan. When I tried playing it, it said the region was wrong. So I looked up how to change the region, and found out the answer.

So I changed my region to region 2 (Europe and Japan), and played the DVD again. This time, it allowed me to play the DVD, but it only showed the copyright warning, and then a pop-up with the following message appeared:

Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card.

What do I do? My video card is NVIDIA, and it came with my computer. Also, I have a Vista, if that affects anything.|||The content you are trying to play is only licensed to play in Japan. You simply don't have the appropriate license.



You should *not* change your DVD region. That will break all kinds of things, eventually requiring a CD/DVD drive replacement. (Seriously. I'm not joking.)



Update: Of course it does, you changed the region to code 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment