Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Need help with video cards etc :(?

Hi guys.. I just downloaded a game and it's really laggy. ._.; My PC is pretty new, but I guess it has a crappy graphics card and stuff? I really need help with purchasing a decent/cheap card, maybe for less than $50. T_T; Doesn't matter if it's used. Also, can I add more GHz? I don't really know how these things work. x-x;

PS: When I play on the lowest settings, The lag reduces but it's still pretty laggy. ugh >.< The game is called 'Vindictus', and it's an online game.







The game's specs are as follows.



I don't feel the need to put the minimum requirements 'cause my PC pretty much passes it.. but it still freakin lags. >.<;



** Recommended: **

OS: Windows XP or higher

CPU: Duo Core or Higher ------ (What is this??)

RAM: 1 GB or Higher

HDD: Over 6 GB of Free Space

VGA: Nvidia GeForce 7xxx Series

Sound: 16 Bit Sound Card







Mine:

OS: Win-7

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor (2CPUs), ~2.7GHz ------ (What's the AMD Athlon for? >.<; Also, the minimum specs for the game is 2.4GHz)

Memory: 4096MB RAM

HDD: 392GB left after installation of the game.



There's also other stuff on the Display tab, i don't really know which one's helpful but here's some:

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce430 (The minimum specs for the game is 5xxx Series).

Approx. Total Memory: 1848 MB







What do you think I should update? I've never really messed with my CPU before. My friend said it was pretty easy to install the hardware..? idk >.<; Anyways, Thank you in advance.. I've actually been meaning to buy a graphics card for a while now but I just don't know which one..|||Your CPU is fairly decent. No need to touch it, no upgrades needed.



As far as your graphics performance goes, it's currently very poor because you are using an integrated graphics chipset, which has very little processing power and has to rely on system RAM to use as VRAM.



So the best thing you can do for it is to add in a dedicated graphics card, unfortunately with a budget as low as $50 there aren't many good cards laying about that you can buy -- so you might have to try and win an auction from eBay for cheap.



Try a Radeon 4670 for example (auction ends in 17 hours)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sapphire-Technology-…



Though I would suggest buying new:

$62

Radeon 5550 (slightly more powerful, only costs a tad more, and it comes with full 2 year warranty. You don't get that with a 2nd hand card)



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



Both cards require a 400watt power supply at the minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment