Monday, May 7, 2012

How can a CPU affect my Video Card performance ?

I have an Intel 2 Quad Core q9300 ((6M Cache, 2.50 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)



I'd like to update my video card to let's say Nvidia GTX 560 Ti.



Can my CPU slow down my graphics card performance if i wanna use it to its almost full power ?

(you may say that there is no game today that can use all the power of that video card , but there is actually a game called Mount&Blade Warband , where modding it requires almost all that power i think). Do i need to upgrade my CPU too ?



Thanks.|||I wouldn't upgrade my CPU, I would wait till the the price drops on them.

Sometimes its how the game interacts with the graphic card itself causing the problem.

I have the same CPU and a Nvidia GeoForce 9800 GT and it runs Games fairly well(Sorry I dont have the FPS on any games) and I play on my 42 inch LCD, TV.



Video card, Processor and RAM all affect your frame rate. Typically one (usually the video card) is the bottleneck that slows down your frame rate the most.

If it's just a FPS, it's mostly graphics card, since most of the environmental are handled by the video card (such as shading and mapping and the like).



But the CPU works different with different video cards

and if you upgrade, what are you going to upgrade to?

I you are going to make a big enough difference, you will have to by a new motherboard and get a i series Intel or AMD CPU, because the Quads are the highest to get on a 775 chip-set, if you get a bigger quad, there isn't going to be that much of a difference because they don't go up much higher.

also Video cards have Cores and processors of there own|||Your CPU will not bottleneck with that GPU so no worries :)



But, just to clarify, the CPU is all about loading things quicker. Each shape rendered by the graphics unit needs to be processed fast enough to be enjoyed by the gamer. So how it generally works is that the GPU will render all the environment (as someone mentioned), details, lighting occlusion and tessellated objects and PhysX (Nvidia). But, to be seeing all that smoothly, you need a CPU that can process all that fast enough.|||No you're fine, you don't really need more than a Quad Core for gaming. I had a Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition up until now with a 5770 and it gave me no problems. I upgraded to a 1090T, and that's because it was a gift for Christmas.



You can get a Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 off Newegg for $200, I suggest you go with the 5870.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

No comments:

Post a Comment