Monday, May 7, 2012

Trouble updating my Nvidia Driver?

I'm trying to update my Nvidia Driver, but I'm having a problem:



"The contents of this file cannot be upacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again"



I downloaded from Nvidia web site and Nvidia FTP site, but it's the same. Also, unchecked the 3rd party browser extensions on my IE 6.0 explorer.



This is what I did:



1. Unistall the previous version of the Nvidia Driver (Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs)

2. Execute the downloaded file



What else can I do to install this driver (93.71) from Nvidia?



My PC specs are:



AMD 64 ATHLON 3700+

2 GB RAM

250 GB HD

GEFORCE 6600 Video Card|||It won't run simply because the integrity for the package has errors. You may have losses of data over the network. Contact your network provider and tell them about this.|||I downloaded 93.71_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql.exe from nvidia last week and it installed fine on my xp-pro sp2.

No comments:

Post a Comment