Monday, April 16, 2012

Can video card be updated on my Dell Dimension 4550?

I have a Dell Dimension 4550. I have done many updates to it. I have a second hard drive with tons and tons of space and 1 gig of ram. Right now I am using a Radeon 9800 video card. I have noticed that a lot of computer games coming out are required a higher end video card than the one I have? Being that even though I have tons of space left on my newer system am I able to update the video card any more than that? I just do not really want to buy a new computer when I have done so much to this one.|||Yes, if you have an available slot on the motherboard, or you remove the existing video card, you can upgrade to a new video card.|||Yes, it can take an AGP 4X/8X Video Card. But beware, there are different chipsets and makers out there and prices vary widely. Research based upon what you do like games, applications, or making videos and DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment