Monday, May 7, 2012

Problem with Video Card detection after resetting BIOS to default. Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT?

OK So I had a little trouble with my PC and I had to reinstall Windows 7 Home. Before I reinstalled Windows, I was able to play my games without a hiccup, as of that morning they were working smoothly. While trying to figure out what was wrong with my PC, I reset the BIOS before I eventually determined that I should reinstall my OS. After reinstalling, and updating the drivers using Windows Update, the game Left 4 Dead is skipping and kind of jumpy when I play. I ran my Windows system rating, and got a 2.0 for "Desktop Performance for Windows Aero", when before my score was a 4.7. When I view the Nvidia Adaptor Properties, it says my dedicated system memory is 0MB. I am thinking that my BIOS is not detecting my Video Card when it starts up, and therefore cannot set the dedicated memory. I checked the Nvidia site and I have the current drivers, though I downloaded them using Windows update.

Is there any way to get the BIOS to detect my card? It is a Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT PCI Express card and my PC is a custom build machine, I am not sure of any information about the BIOS that is installed. I remember a prompt coming up before that said something about Nvidia Ram or something like that when my system was booting. Thanks for your help.|||Check your BIOS settings again. You can usually reach it by hitting del, f2, for some key combo when you first boot up. Once in your bios check for a setting that provide for share ram for video etc. try increasing that value.

No comments:

Post a Comment