Thursday, April 26, 2012

Memory or Video Card?

I have a small budget. My processor is Intel Dual Core and 1gb memory.I don't have a video card I want to update my memory and add a videocard but I have a limited budget. What should I buy first memory or video card?|||I vote for memory card in this case!

I hope it helps|||You aren't going to do much gaming with only a gig of ram with windows 7 but you can utilize it now for just running multiple applications at once. I suggest getting the max memory your motherboard can hold to last you a while from newegg and then next time around getting a real decent video card. Also memory will run you cheaper than a good video card if you are strapped for cash. If you do decide to go video card first though make sure your power supply can handle it, and check the dimensions that it will fit in your case. The good video cards these days are huge beasts that sometimes require the cases to get modified to fit those giants *and* they will suck the watts bad so get a higher powered power supply so you don't burn out your system. If you have at least a 650 watt you should be okay for 1 really good board. Make sure the one you order has the proper power plugs for that video card too. Do your homework and you will be a very happy camper.|||If you are a gamer and like to watch movies on your PC then go for a Vido card and if you general applications and play very low end games like facebook games then go for the memory upgrade and yes it also depends on whether your motherboard has dedicated memory or shared graphics memory.Dedicated memory is the videocard and shared memory is the one which uses some amount of RAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment