Monday, May 7, 2012

I need help with my video card...?

I've had this awful problem with my video card that seemed to happen overnight. I can play many complex 3d games, but i can't open up a simple program called game maker, or another program called drum machine.



both give me the same message: "failed to initialize graphics"



my drivers are completely up to date, and i have directx9.0. also, i get a tearing effect when i scroll up and down in a web browser or folder, and the overall flow of my computer is very choppy.



I went into my device manager and saw that there is a driver called 'multimedia audio controller' with a yellow question mark next to it. Windows found no updates, and uninstalling it is no good because it immediately recognizes it again and tries to install it, leading back to the 'question mark', so to speak.



here are my specs:



Windows XP

Service Pack 3

AMD Athlon XP2400+

2.00 Ghz, 512 RAM



Can somebody....anybody, please point me in the direction of what to do? It's been like this for almost a year now.|||Just because it says it failed to initialize graphics doesn't necessarily mean it is a problem with your video card. Contact the software vendor for support, as the problem most likely lies with the software, and most vendors provide comprehensive support.|||You didn't say what graphics card you had. You may need to replace your graphics card. If you have a desktop it is very easy. If you have a laptop, you may want to have it professionally replaced.



Logan replacing a graphics card:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ILrq7lMe…|||Well, you can always install that driver, if your computer came with a recovery disk you can explore the disc in my computer and find the specific driver or if you don't have the disk you can look up your desktop or laptop on the manufacturers site for support and find the driver that way. The other thing you can try is just to make sure you did install the video-card correctly, make sure its not out place. If you were the one who installed the video card, I hope you grounded yourself because.....you may have gave off a static discharge that can fry your card into a paper weight. |||Try to find out what your sound device is, that is your multimedia audio device, but I am sure you knew that, but if not there you go. Is it intergrated or a card slot? Though that should not matter for a program like game maker, was the program made for windows xp or older like windows 95? Check then update the program compatablity if nessory. Though judging by the age of your PC, you might want to consider just buying a new computer if you wish I would also recomend doubling your RAM to 1GB if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment