Monday, May 7, 2012

Computer screen is blurry but on screen display (menu) of the monitor isn't, is it a video card problem? Help?

I have an HP monitor I got a few years back, here's the link



http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/produ…



A few days ago, it started to look really blurry, where everything had a 'ghost' or shadow image. It hurts my eyes to look at. I thought it had to do with something physical like a burnt out video card or something (keep in mind I don't speak machine) but if that were true, shouldn't the on screen display (menu, brightness, etc) have the same blurriness? It doesn't, it's perfectly sharp and clear.



If that's true, do you guys have any idea what I can do? I've updated all the drivers, I've ran it in safe mode and it's still blurry, I've tried system restore to a date where it wasn't blurry, and I tried running the CD it came with but that CD doesn't work on vista, as the monitor was for an old XP computer. I know that's not the problem though because everything's been running smoothly for the last 2 years.



Also, I've adjusted the resolution, it's at the same resolution it's always been, the native resolution.



Any ideas?|||Bad cable connection or the cable is bad. Some bad vga cable do this on high resolutions.

Check the connection on the video card and display.

Check the osd is not related to computer.

use a smaller resolution|||In the control panel, look for "clear type tuning" click on it and check settings. When I had the same type of problem I turned it off, restarted computer and it was fine.|||check both ends of the cable that connects the pc to the monitor are fitted correctly

they do come loose ,, this may course the blurry screen image|||Why the heck would a video card affect the OSD of the monitor? That's 100% independent of your video card.



Try maxing out the resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment