Friday, May 4, 2012

I have downloaded an updated driver for my video card,but?

the installation instructions say to unload my current driver first, won't that cause my display to go black before I can load the new driver??? Is this a stupid question???|||It's not really a stupid question, I had the same one hahaha. Anyway, when you uninstall the programs it'll be fine. It doesn't cause a black screen, but it might set the resolution INCREDIBLY low, but that doesn't really matter since you'll install the new drivers soon anyway. Also, remember to turn off your virus protections; I didn't at first and it didn't install right. Hope that this helps :)|||no, your computer won't go black, it will only go back and resort to generic windows drivers that give you the bare minimum for display purposes. On Xp, it won't be that bad unlike older operating system. You'll get decent display from your graphics card, but without the drivers. Your card will work, but not at full specifications. Once the new drivers are loaded, you can optimize the card to whatever specs the card can handle.



Not to worry, you will get display to load the new drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment