Friday, May 4, 2012

Updating video card help.?

I'm trying to update my video card so I can play my computer game.It works but the graphics are too fast for the video card to handle so it lags alot while playing.I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6200 at the moment and when I try to go and update the driver from nvidia.com, it won't download.It doesn't show loading progress or estimated time and when I download the correct driver from a different computer and put it in a flash drive it runs but it won't work because it the computer says it's not the correct driver but I know that it is because I wrote it down and downloaded it from another computer.



Can anyone help with this?|||Your graphics card is integrated in your motherboard. You need to download the most recent driver from the website of your computer or motherboard manufacturer, not from the nVidia website. Keep in mind that installing the latest driver does not magically make your graphics card better. Your operating system uses drivers to communicate with your hardware. If your hardware is outdated, installing the latest driver does not make the hardware of the graphics card better.|||Updating a driver is not going to boost performance significantly. You may notice 5-10% depending on the card. Your problem is the 6200 is not a gaming GPU. You would just have to buy a new video card, simply put.

No comments:

Post a Comment