Sunday, May 6, 2012

Does updating BIOS and Chipsets improve video card graphics?

I just purchased a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 256 AGP video card. I have found that my games do not work well. They have sudden freezes, ect. I have done everything possible. I have found better drivers, I have changed the setting in my BIOS from PCI to AGP, I have reinstalled the card everything. I contacted tech support, they told me it was one of two things 1) a faulty card; 2) old BIOS, and Chipsets, and I would need to update them. To do so is a little out of my league. I do not want to fry my computer. I will be taking my computer to a technician. But before I pay 60 dollars + 20 for gas, I wanted to know if anyone has noticed better graphic performance after updating their BIOS and Chipsets? I really do not want to waste money.|||some bios updates do... but most likely no. Doing a bios update is risky, one small bad move, then your motherboard is malfunctioned.



its better to get a pci, agp, or pcie graphics card.... come on, you could spend about $110 on a geforce 8600 GT.|||um.. sorry but u answerd one of my questions earlier about a topic on indian history, i was wondering if u have any suggestions on where i should start reseraching. thanx.

No comments:

Post a Comment