Friday, May 4, 2012

Is there a way to reduce my video card usage?

I starting using a new Sims 3 expansion pack a few weeks ago. It worked fine with a simple, 1 sim, scenario; but once the game became more complicated with multiple characters, it stopped being able to load. I talked with EA Tech support and they said video card in my laptop is not supported. When I looked up the specs for the game, my card meets the minimum requirements. Is there a way that I can reduce the video cards usage by extraneous programs running in the background so I can run the game? I already tried reducing the settings in the games options to the minimum. It still would not load. Any other solutions? (I can't get a new graphics card, as I have a laptop w/ a fixed card.)



My current video card is Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (apprx total memory 1293MB). I could not find any new driver upsdates. It was last updated 12/9/2008



Other Laptop info: Dell Inspiron 1545, OS Windows Vista, Pentirum(R) Dual-Core CPU (T4200@2GHz (2CPUs), ~2GHz), 3034MB RAM|||Has anyone tried Best Driver Updater? This thing puts the others to shame. Reviews & Comparison. Download Best Driver Update Program and Automatically Update Drivers For Your Windows 7, Vista & XP. Easily Fix Your Driver Related Errors and Speed Up Your PC.

http://www.bestdriverupdater.net

I use it to slove those problems, and my USB port now working well, hope it would help you.|||GPU buyers chart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utjw77kHk…|||Nope. When you're playing the game. The ONLY thing the video card is doing is rendering the game. As such, there's no way to reduce the video card usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment