Friday, April 27, 2012

Video Card dead or a Windows Issue?

I left my computer on before i left for school. When I came home i saw that my computer had restarted due to a windows update. After logging in i tried to watch a movie but the picture started lagging behind the sound. I did a virus sweep and found nothing, then when i tried to play a game i received an error message telling me that i did not have a compatible video card installed even though i could see it clearly in my case. In the device manager my video card is listed but with a little error sign beside it.



Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)



I have tried installing the latest Nvidia drivers and that did nothing. I was hoping that Microsoft would release another update to help fix this issue but it has been almost 2 weeks and nothing.



I just want to know if there is any way for me to fix this or is my video card just toast.



Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.00 GHz

Vista-64 bit



p.s. i don't know a whole lot about motherboards and power supplies and such, so if any of that is needed please try to explain in simple ways.|||Sign-up on the Microslut forums, and ask your question there...the answers will (typically) be clearer and more applicable.



That being said, the 9 series video cards are NOT Dx10.1 (let alone fully Dx10) compliant. They don't have the *physical* architecture on the chip.



You will probably need to disable any Dx10.1 or Dx10 features you may have active (like the animated wallpaper or Aero interface).



Hopefully you'll be able to fix the issue soon...without having to pay massive tech bills!



Good Luck!|||Open device manager, and select your video card, right click on it and select properties, then on the top tab, select driver, then look down and select 'roll back driver'. That should help.

No comments:

Post a Comment