Thursday, April 26, 2012

A couple of questions about laptops video card?

A good friend of mine recently gave me his old (of about two years) notebook computer, and I've been working on updating it. From what i've found online the only thing that I can't upgrade is the video card, right? Other than that, how would I go about finding out what video card is actually in this computer? If I did everything right, I'm sure that the driver for the one I have isn't working right, as in Device Manager the "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)" is in 'other drivers' and there is that lovely ?! next to it :P Any help on what I need to do next would be great, as I have no idea what I'm doing, and may be way off base lol ;_;|||for the most part older laptops have on board video so they are not upgradeable in that regard. your best bet so far as drivers and finding out what video card you have would be to contact the laptop's manufacturer with the laptops model number. they should be able to tell you what video chip set your laptop has and once you know that you can search for that chip set's driver either on the manufacturer's website or the many search engines on the web|||no u cannot upgrade video cards in laptops. to find out wat video card is in it look up the make and model number on the companies site and it should tell u and have a driver 4 it.|||right click your desk top and click properties and go to display settings. that should tell you what kind of video card you have. More than likely its a intel 950 integrated generic video card. They are junk but they work. Go to the manufactures website of the computer and look for the driver there.

No comments:

Post a Comment