Thursday, April 26, 2012

How can i find out which VGA update to use?

I have a E-System 1212 laptop using Vista 32 bit system. My 3D screensavers and some games are telling me that I require 'a newer video card or one that is compatable with Direct 3D' I had no trouble with them until recently. Does anyone know which update I should use or how I can find this out? Any help would be appreciated.|||VGA is OLD! I think you're talking about something else.



Do you have a max of 256 colors?

Is your screen 640 x 480?



If you answered no to either of these questions, then you need to figure out what you're talking about. VGA first came into use in 1987. There's no way in this world that you need anything to do with VGA, especially if you're running Vista. However, if you're trying to play an old DOS game, I can tell you right now that Windows XP and later use a form of MS-DOS that is incompatible with most of the old games. 64 bit systems are just about completely incompatible.



Sorry. Email me when you get it figured out and I'll do my best to help.



See if these get you anywhere:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vga

http://www.reevoo.com/p/ei-systems-1212-…



- MrProgramX|||Hi,



Sorry, but that means you need a newer laptop or a desktop as your laptop graphics do not support direct 3D.



Laptop graphics are on chips and soldered directly to the motherboard and as such are not upgradable.



Arnak

No comments:

Post a Comment